The HCC Academic Testing Center is dedicated to enhancing student learning by providing comprehensive, accessible testing services. The Academic Testing Center strives to fulfill the needs of students and the community by subscribing to the Professional Standards and Guidelines established by the National College Testing Association. Providing a safe, secure, and efficient testing environment, the Academic Testing Center serves a number of disciplines in the educational and professional arenas.
The HCC Academic Testing Center:
- Administers placement exams to students before they enroll in HCC courses
- Facilitates the testing needs of HCC students taking online courses both locally and nationwide
- Serves as the primary liaison for outside testing agencies and institutions
- Offers professional examinations and certifications to HCC students and the local business community
- Makes every effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities
- Strives to continually maintain best testing practices and standards
Placement testing is done on a walk-in basis and is free to HCC students. Testing takes approximately three hours to complete. A valid photo ID and seven-digit HCC Student ID number is required for all placement testing. Please make prior arrangements for childcare, as children are not permitted in the Academic Testing Center.
Placement retesting is done on a walk-in basis. A retesting fee may apply. Faculty-authorized tests are given on a walk-in basis. Test takers are also responsible for abiding by all Academic Testing Center Guidelines for Students.
Students with special needs who require testing accommodations should first contact Disability Support Services before coming to the Academic Testing Center for any testing. In order to best serve HCC students requiring specific accommodations while testing, students are required to stop by the Academic Testing Center (LRC-322) five days prior to their scheduled test to make arrangements for assistance.
Detailed information about the Praxis exam can be obtained and scheduled through the Praxis website. To reschedule an exam, it is recommended that you contact the Praxis Customer Service hotline directly by calling 1-800-772-9476. HCC staff cannot schedule or reschedule Praxis tests.