Career Program Achievers (CPA), formerly the Job Training Student Resources (JTSR) office, strives to empower adult learners to become academically successful through collaborative, individualized services and financially supportive programs that assist in enhancing opportunities to facilitate their success.
- Apply for the HCC CPA Program
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible to participate in the CPA Program, the student must:
- Be currently enrolled at Hagerstown Community College
- Maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Have completed the FAFSA for the current academic year
- Be eligible to receive and/or is receiving a Pell Grant
- Be at least 24 year old or an independent student as determined by the FAFSA
- Currently enrolled in a career program
In addition to the above eligibility requirements, students accepted into the CPA Program must agree to:
- Meet with the CPA advisor to complete a program intake/interview
- Meet with the CPA advisor at least once per semester to review my degree plan
- Contact an advisor before making adjustments to my schedule as this could impact my financial aid, stipend amount or progress in academic program
- Participate in career workshops and related activities as required
- Complete a program exit interview to provide my feedback
Important: Eligibility does not guarantee admission to the program. The CPA Advisor reserves the right to determine admission based on a comprehensive review of eligibility, academic need, preferred qualifications, and current openings in the program.