- Quick Links
- Academics (Credit)
- Continuing Education (Non-Credit)
- HCC Portal
- Student Email
- College Central Network
- Emergency Alert Sign-Up
- Transcript Requests
- Alumni Association
- HCC Foundation
- Administrator on Duty
- Directions and Maps
- News and Events
HCC Foundation Scholarship
Applications for both the HCC Foundation Scholarships and scholarships awarded through the Financial Aid Office are available in both the Financial Aid Office and the Office of Institutional Advancement. The HCC Foundation Scholarship Committee awards a number of scholarships each with its own criteria and dollar amounts in the fall and spring of every academic year to students taking at least six credits. Recipients are selected by the Foundation Scholarship Committee. The Student Financial Aid Office uses the same application and awards miscellaneous scholarships from private donors and organizations. They are usually awarded to students in financial need and who show scholastic promise. Most scholarships are for a one year period but some may be renewed the following year. Applications are kept on file for one year in the event additional funds become available to award. You will find the HCC Foundation Scholarship Application Form here.
HCC Faculty/Foundation Scholarship for Academic Excellence
The HCC Faculty/Foundation Scholarship for Academic Excellence Committee offers an academic excellence scholarship program for qualified graduates of area high schools. The committee awards these scholarships to the qualified scholar who has the highest Quality Point Average among the applications received from each school. These awards provide $550 per semester at Hagerstown Community College. Recipients who maintain satisfactory academic records at the College will be supported for four consecutive semesters of college for a total of $2200. You will find application guidelines and the Faculty/Foundation Scholarship for Academic Excellence Application here.
Carolyn Hill Scholarship
This is a special scholarship for senior citizens. The upward limit of the scholarship is $750 per year to cover the cost of credit course related fees, books and materials (tuition is free based on our current policy of waiving tuition for local seniors). The distribution of these dollars is based on a $50 per credit basis with a maximum of 15 credits for $750. The recipient(s) of this scholarship will be identified by the HCC Opportunity Fund working group, with concurrence from the President's Office. Preference will be given to those who have financial need, but this determination is less rigorous than the College uses to award most government sponsored aid programs. In order to qualify for this scholarship, candidates must:
- Reside in Washington County
- Be 72 years of age or older
- Pursue a first college degree, but may have already completed credits from prior College work
- Prepare a written statement about their reasons for pursuing College courses which will be shared with HCC Trustees and the local media.
Child Care Career & Professional Development Fund (CCCPDF)
Hagerstown Community College (HCC) and the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) are offering a unique funding opportunity for childcare providers to earn an Associate’s degree (AAS or AAT) in Early Childhood Education, AAT in Elementary Education, or an AS in Education. The CCCPDF provides funding for college tuition, fees and books for eligible child care providers, working in the State of Maryland. Approved candidates must possess the motivation and skills that will assist them in successfully completing their degree while employed in childcare and will continue to work in family or center-based early education programs upon completion of their degree, for a service commitment equaling 1 month per credit or 2 years for the completion of an Associate’s degree.
HCC will be accepting approved applicants from the Child Care Career and Professional Development Fund, for the Fall 2012 semester. The deadline to apply to MSDE is by June 1st, 2012. The Grant Coordinator will start meeting with potential CCCPDF students to complete applications to MSDE after January 3rd, 2012.
- Be currently working in a licensed child care center, Head Start, or Private Preschool Program or be a registered family child care provider in the state of Maryland.
- Have at least one year of qualifying experience working in childcare and be currently employed in the field.
- Be eligible to apply for (should be done at least 4 months in advance to the CCCPDF deadline date) or already a participant in the Maryland Child Care Credential Program.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be accepted to a participating CCCPDF college working towards the completion of a relevant degree.
- Commit to the completion of a Early Childhood or related program of study.
- Continue working in child care during the time of study and for a period of time as determined by regulation upon the completion of the degree.
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
- Successfully complete at a minimum two college classes per award year.
More information regarding CCCPDF can be found on the Maryland State Department of Education’s website.
For information about the scholarship program or before sending in an application to MSDE, contact Alison Hess, CCCPDF Grant Coordinator, at 240-200-2604, or e-mail email@example.com
Game Development Club Scholarship
The Game Development Club (GDC) Scholarship is an annual, one-time award given to students who fill out this form and fulfill the following requirements:
- The student must major in ISDE, WEB, IST/CSC or GDT.
- The student must be a good standing GDC member.
- The student must have completed at least 12 credits of their program requirements.
- The student must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The student must complete the Game Project Essay found on the submission requirements.
- Program Evaluation from Web Advisor
- Unofficial Transcript
- Game Project Essay (see application form, page 2)