An internship can be the key to your success. An internship allows you to gain professional experience, network with others in your field, and enhance your skills while still in school. To be eligible for an internship, you need to have completed at least half your program requirements and have a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Interested students may complete the internship application and attach a current copy of their résumé.
Application Due Dates
- Spring semester: December 14
- Summer semester: April 13
- Fall semester: July 26
- Submit internship application and résumé.
- Meet with internship coordinator, review résumé, and discuss potential internship sites.
- Contact potential internship site and submit résumé.
- Interview with internship site and obtain signatures on Internship Learning Contract.
- Turn in completed Learning Contract to internship coordinator and register for class
- Meet with faculty supervisor to establish learning outcomes
- Maintain an internship journal logging your internship hours and duties
Internship Forms & Documents
- Learning Contract
- Learning Outcomes
- Internship Journal
- Internship Handbook
- Guidelines for Using Current Employer as Internship Site
- Incident Reporting Guidelines and Form
- Internship Feedback Survey
Resumes, Cover Letters & Interviews
- Job Hunting Websites
- On-Campus Student Worker Postings (coming soon)
- C&O Canal National Historical Park
- Microsoft Students to Business (S2B)
- Using LinkedIn to Find a Job
- Alternative Energy Technology Job Placement Handbook