The mission of the Internship and Job Services Office at Hagerstown Community College is to facilitate student learning and development in the areas of experiential education, career development, and job search for students enrolled in the HCC Internship Program. The office supports the college’s mission to foster regional economic development by serving as a workforce development partner in the local community.
An internship can be the key to your success. An internship allows you to gain professional experience, network with others in your field, and enhance your skills while still in school. To be eligible for an internship, you need to have completed at least half your program requirements and have a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Interested students may complete the internship application and attach a current copy of their résumé.
Application Due Dates
- Spring semester: December 14
- Summer semester: April 13
- Fall semester: July 26
- Submit internship application and résumé.
- Meet with internship coordinator, review résumé, and discuss potential internship sites.
- Contact potential internship site and submit résumé.
- Interview with internship site and obtain signatures on Internship Learning Contract.
- Turn in completed Learning Contract to internship coordinator and register for class
- Meet with faculty supervisor to establish learning outcomes
- Maintain an internship journal logging your internship hours and duties
Internship Forms & Documents
Resumes, Cover Letters & Interviews
- Job Hunting Websites
- On-Campus Student Worker Postings (coming soon)
- Alternative Energy Technology Job Placement Handbook