The English and Humanities Division at Hagerstown Community College offers students a wide array of courses that encourage thinking critically about their world, synthesizing various ideas into a cohesive worldview, and gaining the knowledge needed to be successful in their careers and their lives. A major in the English and Humanities field enables students to pursue a wide variety of careers, including law, publishing, education, research, or business.
Meet the Faculty
HCC's Literary Arts Magazine
Where have HCC theatre, visual art, music and dance students transferred?
- Francis Welty – New York School of Art and Design, Painting and Drawing
- Asia Medley – UMBC, Animation
- Shelby Baugher – MICA, Painting and Drawing
- Robin Sarmiento – Laguna State School of Art and Design, Animation
- Mikayla Claiborne – Howard University, Photography
- Zachary Boger – Shippensburg College, Drawing
- Lauren Daye – Pratt Institute, Painting
Gainful Employment Programs
- Information on the gainful employment statistics related to these programs can be found at www.hagerstowncc.edu/gepd