What is a learning management system?
The learning management system or LMS is e-learning software utilized by Hagerstown Community College (HCC) for course management, in the majority of our online and hybrid classes. It can also be used as a web-enhancement tool for some face-to-face courses.
Access your LMS
First-Time Student Users
To log into either Moodle or D2L, please use your Active Directory username and password.
- Your Active Directory username is the first part of your HCC email address, before “@student.hagerstowncc.edu”
- Your Active Directory password will need to be changed prior to logging into either LMS. Visit the Password Change, Reset & Enrollment page for more information.
- If you need further assistance resetting your password, you may contact the HCC IT Department at email@example.com.
- Accounts are only created for users who have at least one course within the LMS during that semester.
- Instructors will inform students if there is an LMS site for their course, since not all courses will utilize a learning management system (either D2L or Moodle).
- In the Spring 2020 semester, only the following Academic Divisions will be hosting some classes in the D2L learning management system: Developmental Education & Adult Literacy Services, Technology & Computer Studies, English & Humanities, Mathematics & Science, and Behavioral & Social Sciences/Business Division. Please be mindful that students will only be able to access course sites which have already been activated by the instructor. If your instructor has not contacted you by the first day of class, please reach out to them directly for clarification: Faculty & Staff Directory.
- Please reference the browser recommendations for Moodle or the browser recommendations for D2L.