- Access your Moodle account.
What is Moodle?
Moodle is a course management system/e-learning program used by HCC for the majority of online and hybrid classes and as a Web-enhancement for some face-to-face courses.
First-Time Student Users
To login to Moodle, use your Active Directory username and password.
- Your Active Directory username is the first part of your HCC email address before “@student.hagerstowncc.edu”
- Your Active Directory password will need to be changed prior to logging in to Moodle. Visit the Password Change, Reset & Enrollment page for more information. If you need further assistance resetting your password, you may contact the HCC IT Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Not all instructors or courses will use Moodle. Instructors will inform students if they have a Moodle site for their course. Accounts are only created for users who have at least one course using Moodle.
- You will only be able to access course sites that have been activated by the instructor, which typically happens by the first day of the semester. If you log-in before any of your course sites are made available, you will just see the course catalog listing of sites.