What is a learning management system?
The learning management system or LMS is e-learning software utilized by Hagerstown Community College (HCC) for course management, in the majority of our online and hybrid classes. It can also be used as a web-enhancement tool for some face-to-face courses.
Access your LMS
First-Time Student Users
To log into either Moodle or D2L, please use your Active Directory username and password.
- Your Active Directory username is the first part of your HCC email address, before “@student.hagerstowncc.edu”
- Your Active Directory password will need to be changed prior to logging into either LMS. Visit the Password Change, Reset & Enrollment page for more information.
- If you need further assistance resetting your password, you may contact the HCC IT Department at email@example.com.
- Please reference the browser recommendations for Moodle or the browser recommendations for D2L.
- Accounts are only created for users who have at least one course within the LMS during that semester.
- Instructors will inform students if there is an LMS site for their course, since not all courses will utilize a learning management system (either D2L or Moodle).
- You will only be able to access course sites that have been activated by your instructor, which typically happens by the first day of the semester. If you log in before your course is made available, please reach out to your instructor for further details.