Workforce Training Scholarship Information
Workforce Training Scholarship Information
Eligible Workforce Sequence/Workforce Training Certificates from the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC)
The Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance to students enrolling in an approved non-credited certificate program leading to apprenticeships, employment, licensure, or job skill enhancement at Hagerstown Community College.
This scholarship is available to:
- Students who are Maryland residents or Maryland high school graduates; or
- Students who are active duty members of the United States Military stations in or reside in or are domiciled in Maryland.
- Students who are lawfully residing in the United States
All students must submit documents to prove eligibility.
Important Information You Should Know:
- Funding is available for specific workforce programs. This list is subject to change at any time.
- Funds shall be used for tuition, fees, and associated costs of attendance that have not been met through another grant or scholarship by the State or employer.
- Students may receive up to $2,000 per workforce sequence.
- Students may only complete one workforce sequence at a time.
- Students may not be awarded for more than 2 sequences per award year statewide.
- Funds are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Students must pledge to remain drug free for the full term of the award.
- Students must provide their Social Security Number.
- If you have suspended financial aid, contact the Hagerstown Community College Student Financial Aid Office.
- Hagerstown Community College reserves the right to adjust or cancel your scholarship at any time if it is determined that you do not meet the qualifications.
- Applying for the scholarship does not guarantee an award.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by email upon decision.
- Students should not expect refunds of the unused scholarship funds.
- Students must keep the college informed of any relevant name, address, e-mail, and phone number changes that will affect our ability to contact you.
- All scholarships are managed and awarded in accordance to the Maryland Higher Education Commission's prescribed guidelines and Hagerstown Community College policy.
- Please note: The processing of your application may take up to 10 business days.
Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship Checklist
The purpose of this checklist is to verify eligibility requirements prescribed by the State of Maryland. In order for a student to receive the Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship, an applicant must submit one item from category A if you are a Maryland resident OR one item from category B if you are not a resident of Maryland; and one item from category C. For record keeping purposes, copies of each document must be attached/uploaded with the student's application. Undocumented individuals are not eligible for the Workforce Sequence Scholarship.
A. Documents to prove Maryland State Residency (Provide one document from the list below)
- Valid Maryland Driver's License
- Residential Rental Contract (apartment lease or other rental of real property)
- Mortgage account statement, deed, communication from the State Department of Assessment and Taxation or other proof of home ownership
- Copy of Federal or Maryland income tax return
- Maryland vehicle registration card or title
- Proof of Active Duty Military and Status
Note: In State Residency is granted to students who reside in Maryland, domiciled in Maryland or stationed in Maryland.
B. If you are not a current Maryland resident, you must provide documentation to prove you are a Maryland high school graduate.
You MUST provide a copy of your Maryland high school diploma.
C. Documents to prove lawful residence in the United States (Provide one document from the list below)
- United States Birth Certificate
- Maryland Enhanced Driver's License or Identification Card (Includes a star on the top right corner)
- Permanent Resident Card
- United States Passport or Passport Card
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Proof of Asylum Refugee status: I-94, I-94A, or Temporary Form I-551
Note: All citizenship documentation must be unexpired.