Registration for Classes
Registration for Classes
HCC conducts online registration via Self-Service. All new students are required to meet with an academic advisor for their first semester before registering online. During remote operations, students must make an appointment to do this online. New students will receive login credentials in their admissions letter.
Registration for non-credit classes is done through WebAdvisor. You do not need to register for an account to search for classes.
Our Academic Advising and Registration Office looks forward to working with you. There are a number of ways for both new and returning students to connect with an advisor to get registered for classes for the upcoming fall semester.
Advising and Registration Office Hours:
Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-6:30pm and Friday, 10:00am-4:30pm
- Students are invited to make phone or face to face appointments.
- Please go to http://bit.ly/hccadviseapt to schedule a phone or face to face appointment (30 minutes in length).
- While students are able to “walk-in” for services without an appointment, the Advising and Registration department highly recommends students to make an appointment. Longer wait times should be anticipated for walk-in services - since many students will have scheduled appointments with the advising staff available on a particular day. Look for signage and follow social distancing guidelines on campus.
- The Advising & Registration Office will make every effort to accommodate a walk-in after 4:30pm Monday-Thursday. Due to increased appointments, walk-ins will experience longer wait times or may be required to make an appointment for a future date.
- The Advising and Registration department has also posted some new instructional videos that will assist you in navigating and understanding Self-Service. Please visit our Self-Service Tutorials page.
In addition, students coming to campus for face to face services are required to wear a face mask or covering in our office area while meeting with an advisor. Students are also encouraged to bring their own laptop or portable device in order to access their student account and register for classes. Please note, due to social distancing guidelines, only students can meet with Academic Advisors in their offices; students may elect to call family members to participate in an advising meeting via the phone, FaceTime, and other types of technology. If an exception is required, please notify staff at the time of the appointment.
The Academic Advising and Registration office is located in the Student Center on campus, to the right of the lobby, in rooms 116 to 120. All students must have a current application on file and a photo ID in order to meet with an academic advisor.
High School Students
High school students who wish to take courses in the ESSENCE Early College Program must schedule an appointment to register by calling 240-500-2238. ESSENCE students cannot register online.