Registration for Classes
Registration for Classes
HCC conducts online registration via Self-Service. All new students are required to meet with an academic advisor for their first semester before registering online. During remote operations, students must make an appointment to do this online. New students will receive login credentials in their admissions letter.
Registration for non-credit classes is done through WebAdvisor. You do not need to register for an account to search for classes.
Our Academic Advising and Registration Office looks forward to working with you. There are a number of ways for both new and returning students to connect with an advisor to get registered for classes for the upcoming fall semester.
Advising and Registration Office Hours:
Week of August 10: Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-4:30pm, Friday, staff will work remotely
Week of August 17 and beyond: Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-6:30pm and Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
- Students are invited to make phone or face to face appointments.
- Phone appointments - please go to https://bit.ly/hccadvise to schedule a 30 minute appointment - you will be able to select a time and advisor.
- Face to face appointments - please call 240-500-2240
- Students are welcomed to “walk-in” for services without an appointment; “walk-ins” should anticipate wait times since many students will have scheduled appointments. Look for signage and follow social distancing guidelines on campus.
- Students that know the classes in which they want to register for the fall semester may visit our new HCC Advising and Registration Zoom Room. Staff members will be available to assist you in navigating Self-Service and/or WebAdvisor to register for your classes. During the week of August 10th, the Zoom Room is available Monday through Thursday from 1:00pm-3:00pm.
In addition, students coming to campus for face to face services are required to wear a face mask or covering in our office area while meeting with an advisor. Students are also encouraged to bring their own laptop or portable device in order to access their student account and register for classes. Please note, due to social distancing guidelines, only students can meet with Academic Advisors in their offices; students may elect to call family members to participate in an advising meeting via the phone, FaceTime, and other types of technology. If an exception is required, please notify staff at the time of the appointment.
High School Students
High school students who wish to take courses in the ESSENCE Early College Program must schedule an appointment to register by calling 240-500-2238. ESSENCE students cannot register online.