What is a learning management system?
The D2L learning management system or LMS is e-learning software utilized by Hagerstown Community College (HCC) for course management, in our online and hybrid classes. It is also used as a web-enhancement tool for some face-to-face courses.
If you are new to using D2L or simply need a refresher, please visit the D2L Learner QuickGuide student tutorial.
First-Time Student Users
- USERNAME: You must use your whole email address as your username in the format of firstname.lastname@example.org. Your username can be found on your acceptance letter or via onboarding text message.
- PASSWORD: If you forgot your password you can attempt to reset it yourself via https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/
- If you need assistance resetting your password, you may contact the HCC IT Department at email@example.com.
- D2L accounts are created only for users who are registered for at least one course using the LMS.
- Students will only be able to access course sites which have already been activated by the instructor. If your instructor has not activated your course site or contacted you by the first day of class, please reach out to them directly for clarification: Faculty & Staff Directory.