Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) is a federal grant program that enables HCC to support Pell-eligible student parents through awarding weekly child care stipends.
- Apply for the HCC CCAMPIS Child Care Stipend
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible to participate in the CCAMPIS Child Care Stipend Program, the student must:
- Be actively enrolled in at least 3 credits at Hagerstown Community College
- Maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Have a child(ren) enrolled or have applied for enrollment at HCC’s Children’s Learning Center (first preference) or another HCC-approved, nationally-accredited partner center (see list below of HCC-approved, nationally-accredited child care providers)
- Have completed the FAFSA for the current academic year
- Be eligible to receive and/or is receiving a Pell Grant
- Intend to graduate from HCC within 1-3 years of application date
In addition to the above eligibility requirements, students accepted into the CCAMPIS Child Care Stipend Program must agree to:
- Meet with the CCAMPIS advisor at least twice per each semester student receives CCAMPIS stipends to review degree plan
- Participate in at least one CCAMPIS workshop per each semester student receives CCAMPIS stipends
- Notify the CCAMPIS advisor within two weeks of any changes to the amount of child care stipends the student is receiving aside from those provided through CCAMPIS
Important: Eligibility does not guarantee admission to the program. The CCAMPIS Grant Advisor reserves the right to determine admission based on a comprehensive review of eligibility, academic need, preferred qualifications, and current openings in the program. If accepted to receive stipends, parents will be financially responsible for any remaining child care costs after the stipends are applied.
Approved Child Care Providers
Providers must enter into a contract with HCC before receiving CCAMPIS stipends. The following are basic eligibility criteria for providers to contract with HCC for CCAMPIS purposes. Provider must be:
- Nationally accredited OR
- In the process of pursuing national accreditation by October 1, 2021 (documentation of progress towards national accreditation must be provided)
Meeting these criteria does not guarantee provider eligibility. All providers must receive final approval from the CCAMPIS Advisor. Please contact the CCAMPIS Advisor with all questions pertaining to provider eligibility.
Note: Students are only eligible for stipends if their child(ren) attend one of the centers listed below OR another nationally-accredited center that is approved by the CCAMPIS Advisor (list updated February 2019)
Public Child Care Providers:
- KinderCare (Willowdale Drive, Taney Avenue, Ballenger Center Drive, Chairman’sCourt, and all Frederick locations)
- La Petite (all Frederick locations)
- Frederick Community College’s Children’s Center
- Little Eagle Child Care Center (Kearneysville, WV)
- Gateway Learning Center (Williamsport, MD)
In-home Child Care Providers:
- Please check with CCAMPIS Advisor to verify if a specific in-home provider is approved