This pathway provides students the technical training to become critical team members within the healthcare field. Students develop comprehensive skills that enable them to perform all aspects of blood collection procedures within an ambulatory or hospital setting. Upon completion, students are eligible to apply for the National Certification as a Phlebotomy Technician.
- Medical Terminology
- Essential Concepts: HIPPA, Documentation, Infection Control
- Anatomy and Physiology with an emphasis on the cardiovascular system
- Venipuncture and Specialized Specimen Collection Procedures
- Foundations of Healthcare
- Phlebotomy: Theoretical and Practical Applications
- Phlebotomy: Clinical Externship
Scholarships are available and may cover all or part of the program cost. For more information or to apply now, click here.
Effective January 1, 2022: We have elected to require the COVID-19 vaccination as part of the Allied Health Programs' "health requirements" to remain compliant with the requirements of our affiliates. The first vaccine series injection must be administered before classes start, January 4, with the second dose administered by February 1.