Below are HCC's campus safety protocols, per changing Maryland public health guidelines.
- CLASSES - HCC continues to offer both in person and remote services & classes. You do not need a negative COVID test to come to campus.
- Masking – Mask are optional at HCC. This applies to all individuals, regardless of vaccination status.
- Vaccinations – Vaccines are NOT mandated, but are strongly encouraged if able. National Vaccination Sites: https://vaccines.gov
- SELF ASSESSMENT - All students, employees and guests are asked to self-assess for COVID-19 symptoms
- STUDENTS - If you are sick, do not come to campus and communicate with your faculty member.
- EMPLOYEES – If you are sick, do not come to campus and communicate with your supervisor. You will be using sick leave for quarantine time.
Information for those who have tested positive for COVID
- Staff or students must stay home for 5 days from the date of the positive test. Not the date you get the results, but the date you took the test.
- After 5 days, may return if symptoms have improved and NO fever for at least 24 hours without medication.
- You do NOT need a negative test to return to campus.
- Alert your faculty or supervisor about your test results and complete your quarantine period.
Close Contact with someone with known or suspected COVID-19 Symptoms
- Those persons who come into close contact with a person know or suspected to have COVID are not required to quarantine. However, you should self-monitor yourself for symptoms and have the option of wearing a mask.
- Staff or students can continue to work in or attend classes on campus regardless of vaccination status.
Hygiene and Sanitization
Washing hands can prevent the spread of infectious diseases. HCC will continue to provide hand sanitizer stations and disinfectant for cleaning classrooms and personal workspaces.