HCC will be closed for Thanksgiving beginning Wednesday, Nov. 25 and extending through Tuesday, Dec. 1. The extended closure is intended to provide additional time for faculty, staff, and students to monitor possible symptoms from the holiday weekend, prior to returning to campus. For more information related to COVID-19 procedures, visit hagerstowncc.edu/covid19.
Classes are being offered in a variety of formats, including online, in-person, and hybrid classes. Class formats are subject to change, based on public health guidelines. View credit course listings at https://hcc-ecss01.hagerstowncc.edu:8173/Student/Courses and non-credit courses at www.hagerstowncc.edu/webadvisor.
HCC Covid-19 Status*
Known transmissions on campus
Students/employees who have tested positive for Covid-19
Students/employees who tested positive and have been cleared to return to work/class
*HCC statistics are accurate as of 11/18/2020.
Coming to Campus/Check-In
Students, employees, and visitors are required to complete a health screening prior to each campus visit. Students and employees will use the Go Evo phone app. Students who are required to be on campus for classes will receive an email with a link to download the app a few days prior to the start of classes. Other students and visitors must use the self check-in stations located at the main entrance of every building.
If you plan to come to campus, please read more about the steps and requirements necessary for everyone returning on our Campus Check-In page.
Modified Class Formats
In order to ensure a safe learning environment, many classes will be held online. For classes such as labs, clinicals, simulations, developmental courses, applied classes, adult literacy, English language learners, and performance-based classes, a combination of in-person and online classes will be held. Classes that do not require a hands-on component will meet fully online.
For courses that meet in person, classrooms have been adjusted to meet CDC guidelines to enforce social distancing, and campus cleaning and sanitization have been enhanced.
When scheduling classes through Self-Service, class formats will be identified as one of the following:
- Web - Fully online and may require scheduled virtual meetings times.
- Hybrid - Half of the class will meet on campus on a designated day and the other half will meet on campus on a different day. Your faculty member will contact you with your assigned day. On your non-campus day, you are expected to complete online work.
- Lecture - Students are required to be on campus.
Enhanced Health & Safety On Campus
Students, employees, and visitors are required to complete a health screening prior to each campus visit. Students and employees will use the Go Evo phone app. Students who are required to be on campus for classes will receive an email with a link to download the app a few days prior to the start of classes. Other students and visitors must use the self check-in stations located at the main entrance of every building. Employees and students are reminded to avoid coming to campus if they exhibit any symptoms related to COVID-19.
Classrooms have been adjusted to meet CDC guidelines to enforce social distancing, and campus cleaning and sanitization efforts have been greatly enhanced. Face masks are required on campus for employees, students, and visitors.
Advising & Registration Resources
HCC students, both new and returning, who know the classes in which they want to register for in the spring 2021 semester will be able to visit our Academic Advising and Registration Zoom room beginning Monday, October 5th. Staff members will be available to assist you in navigating Self-Service and/or WebAdvisor to register for your classes. The Zoom Room will be available Monday through Thursday from 1:30pm-3:30pm.
Zoom Room Information: https://zoom.us/my/registrationlab
Meeting ID number: 9970224120
For more information, visit the Academic Advising page.
Classes & Campus
- Fall classes begin August 31st with the 15 week session, September 21st with the 12 week session, and August 31st and October 26th with 7.5 week sessions. Classes that do not require a hands-on component are held fully online. Classes that do require a hands on component are meeting face to face in a socially distanced format. This includes labs, clinicals, simulations, applied classes, developmental, Adult Literacy, English Language Learners, and performance based classes. Student should log into Self-Service to review updated information for each course.
- Students on campus are required to “check-in” by answering a few GoEvo Health Screening questions before they move about on campus; this can be done via the GoEvo app or at computer stations at the entry of each building on campus.
- Students enrolled in fall classes are encouraged to have off-campus computer and internet access to minimize time spent on campus.
- Students without webcam access will be required to make an appointment at the Testing Center to take exams; it is suggested students invest in webcam technology.
- Campus lounges are open for limited study use and for students awaiting transportation. The County Commuter continues to operate as scheduled.
- Recreational areas, including the ARCC and Fitness Center and portions of the Student Center, are closed to general student and public use.
- A very limited selection of food and drinks are available in the Hawk Cafe. Students need to bring food and drink they require with them.
- Student & new employee ID cards and parking permits can be processed beginning September 3rd at the Student Activities Office located in the Student Center, hours Monday-Friday 8:30am-12noon, 1-430pm.
- The Library has resumed normal hours: Monday-Thursday 8am-6pm, Friday 8am-430pm.
- The Testing Center has resumed normal hours: Monday-Thursday 8am-8pm, Friday 8am-430pm, and Sunday remote hours 12noon-5pm.
- The Learning Support Center has resumed normal hours of operation: Monday-Thursday 8am-8pm, Friday 8am-430pm, and Saturday remote hours 9am-3pm.
NOTE: Office hours may vary due to COVID-19 restrictions during the 2020-2021 academic year. Best to call ahead to confirm in person hours of operation prior to traveling to campus.
Roadmap to Recovery