HCC’s Annual Commencement ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 14th at 9:30am at Hagerstown Community College in the ARCC. Only students who have filed an application for graduation and have met all requirements, and have an HCC approved cap and gown will be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
The sequence of events is as follows:
- Annual Commencement Ceremony – Saturday, May 14th at 9:30am in the ARCC
- Nursing Pinning Ceremony – Saturday, May 14th at 1:00pm in the ARCC
- Health Sciences Pinning Ceremony – Saturday, May 14th at 1:00pm in the Kepler Performing and Visual Arts Education Center
The Annual Commencement Ceremony will not require tickets for guests but seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. This is subject to change per public health requirements.
Information about graduation requirements and the application process for students earning an associate degree, a certificate, or a letter of recognition can be found on the Graduation Requirements page. This page also includes information for students graduating with honors, those earning multiple HCC credentials, information for reverse transfer students, and instructions on how to complete a program evaluation/degree audit in Self-Service/WebAdvisor.
Applying for Graduation
All students are expected to complete the online Application for Graduation through Self-Service/WebAdvisor to receive a degree, certificate, or letter of recognition regardless of their participation in the graduation ceremony. There is no fee to apply. Before filling out the online "Application for Graduation," students should review their program evaluation through Self-Service/WebAdvisor and/or meet with an academic advisor to determine if all program requirements have been met.
Annual Commencement Ceremony
The Annual commencement ceremony will be held each May and is presided over by HCC’s president. The commencement ceremony is a traditional academic service and signifies the completion of the degree or certificate being awarded. Students completing a degree or certificate program with 30 or more credits are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony. Only students who have filed an application for graduation and have met all requirements will be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
Cap & Gown Information
Eligible graduates who are attending the May ceremony will need to purchase their cap and gown online. Graduates must wear a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony.
- Cap and gown orders are placed online through Herff & Jones at herff.ly/hcc.
- The Cap, Gown and Tassel are $55.00 (excluding tax). Payment is due at the time of your order.
- The deadline to order your cap and gown is Friday, March 25th 2022.
- Please note that in 2022 we are pivoting to green caps and gowns
- Cap and Gowns will be available for pick up in the Campus Store from approximately Monday, May 2nd – Friday, May 13th. The confirmed dates will be sent to you via your HCC Email
- Detailed information will be sent to your student email regarding cap and gown pick-up at the HCC Campus Store. You will need to bring a photo ID to pick up your cap and gown at the Campus Store.
- Additional details about our cap and gowns can be found here.