Mission & Vision
Mission & Vision
Hagerstown Community College ensures equitable access to affordable high quality educational programs, promotes practices and policies that ensure student success, and fosters innovation and collaboration to strengthen its regional workforce and community cultural development.
HCC will be a learner-centered, accessible, lifelong learning institution dedicated to student and community success. We will maintain a wide spectrum of college programs and services, with a special emphasis on teaching excellence as measured by verifiable student academic achievement. We are committed to staff success through planning and learning, shared campus governance, the promotion of internal and external partnerships, and making the necessary strategic changes that will assure we successfully address our mission – the purpose, functions, and values of the College.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
- ILO1. Responsibility - Exhibit personal and social responsibility by practicing self-direction, persistence, lifelong learning, and responsible citizenship.
- ILO2. Globalization and Diversity - Explore and analyze new ideas, and understand the value of moral sensitivity and cultural diversity.
- ILO3. Critical Thinking and Communication - Practice intellectual skills such as critical and independent thinking, effective communication, and knowledge acquisition and application.
- ILO4. Scientific and Quantitative Reasoning - Process, analyze, and synthesize scientific and numerical data, and apply mathematical concepts appropriately.
- ILO5. Information Literacy and Technology - Apply the research process to access information and use technology to analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and use information resourcefully.
- ILO6. Professionalism - Apply the knowledge and skills gained from academic discipline to complete personal and professional goals.