Our Academic Advising and Registration Office looks forward to working with you. There are a number of ways for both new and returning students to connect with an advisor to get registered for classes for the upcoming spring semester.
If you are undecided about your future plans, we would suggest you take a career assessment. Traitify or Focus2 Career links your answers to a certificate or degree program at Hagerstown Community College.
Advising and Registration Office Hours:
Appointment times are offered Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and walk-in times are Friday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Students are invited to make phone or face to face appointments.
- Please go to http://bit.ly/hccadvisingapt to schedule a phone or face to face appointment (30 minutes in length).
- *If you arrive more than 15 minutes past your scheduled time, you may be required to reschedule.
- Due to limiting walk-in times to Friday, students may experience longer wait times depending on need and availability of advising staff.
- The Advising and Registration department has also posted some new instructional videos that will assist you in navigating and understanding Self-Service. Please visit our Self-Service Tutorials page.
The Academic Advising and Registration office is located in the Student Center on campus, to the right of the lobby, in rooms 116 to 120. All students must have a current application on file and a photo ID in order to meet with an academic advisor.
All prospective students who have not yet applied to HCC, may contact the Admissions office at 240-500-2238 to schedule an appointment.
If you will be in the ESSENCE program (still in high school/home school), call 240-500-2238, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 240-892-7258 to schedule a time to register for classes. Students in the ESSENCE Program register with the Admissions Office and can't register online. Registration for classes offered at local high schools will be conducted in the classroom when the class begins.
Mission statement: Hagerstown Community College’s Academic Advising department strives to empower all students to achieve their personal, academic, and career goals by providing personalized, developmental academic advising to each individual student. Advisors assist students in the development of meaningful educational plans that are consistent with their needs, interests, and abilities while strengthening their economic, social, and cultural life. Advisors aspire to provide its diverse community of learners the guidance and support they need to be successful in the higher education environment.