The Athletic, Recreation, and Community Center (ARCC) at HCC is available to fill the fitness and recreation needs of all HCC students, HCC employees, program participants, and the community through Washington County Recreation Department programming. The ARCC is the “gem” of all Maryland community college athletic departments. The ARCC accommodates large cultural, community, and social events as well as sporting events. The ARCC has a bleacher seating capacity of 1,700. Its total capacity is 5,200.
The ARCC houses:
Interesting features of the ARCC include:
- The Coach Jim Brown Court and Basketball Arena
- A four-lane, 200 meter Indoflex track
- A six-lane, 60-yard track
- Indoor and outdoor athletic facilities including tennis courts, a baseball field, a softball field, and a soccer field
- Monday - Thursday: 7:00 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12 noon
- Sunday: Closed
Open Gym Availability for Students and Staff
- Monday – 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., as available
- Tuesday – 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday – 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., as available
- Thursday – 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday – 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (facility closes at 6:00 p.m.)
- Saturday – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon (call (240) 500-2451 for availability)
- The ARCC hours above are subject to change based upon additional team practices, special events, and venue rentals.
- Athletic team practices occur daily M-F between 4:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m.
- Washington County Recreation Department Programming every T & Th evening 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., and selected Saturday mornings.
Community programming is handled through the Washington County Recreation Department.